Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The English Teacher's Stepford Wife

I never read the Stepford Wives novel nor have I watched the 1970s movie, but I am the happy owner of the DVD for the 2004 version. Despite it's glaring plot holes (are they robots or just brainwashed?!) I watch this movie repeatedly- I am visually addicted to it. I love the color choices, the psychotic tidiness of Stepford, and the wardrobe choices. Example:



This screen cap inspires me to have a wardrobe full of spring dresses, particularly Faith Hill's dress with the little lace trim and the big, bright poppy print. It's not necessarily the dress styles that I love, but just the visual enjoyment I have when looking at all theses dresses together, the colors and the patterns, and the idea I could have that same thrill when I open my closet. It's only February, maybe by May I'll have sewn up a fleet of spring dresses, or at the very least collected fabrics which are sometimes just as fun to look at stacked together.

No comments: