Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cluster-happy

During these dark cold nights while the Husband is doing grad-work I find myself at a loss for something to do. My homework is not nearly as intense as it has been in the last couple of semesters, so I do have quite a bit of free time. Last night I took out some of my jewellery making stuff, a random assortment of cheapie beads and wire, and decided to have a go at making some cluster rings. I've seen them on Etsy and they are so attractive to me, shiny, bright, cheerful groupings of beads bound together in an organic, random way. Here are the fruits of my labor:






I kinda just winged it (is that the proper past tense for that phrase?), but these YouTube video tutorials were extremely helpful for the technical stuff (i.e. construction, what gauge wire, how to wrap, etc):
Part One
Part Two
Part Three

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I am truly enjoying yours. This ring is really cute.

Nice to know that there is a kindred spirit out there in the blogosphere.

Just so you know, I am still feeling the Twilight - more like Robert - fever. But it's moving on now. I have a new theory about this whole thing, the devil is at work. Hahahahaha!

Hang on, fellow Twilight lover, it will pass. It will pass.