Friday, December 12, 2008

When at Work on What Should Be a Snow-Day, One Should Avoid Doing Any Actual Work, No?

I love Jessica's style over on What I Wore! Via WIW, I sometimes read her other blog, Love Puppy, on which she made a great point yesterday about designers borrowing (sometimes heavily) from vintage pieces. As I mentioned in a post earlier this week I can't and won't spend huge $$$ for something that is fairly trendy which I can find thrifting for potentially similar quality, in my humble opinion.

So, inspired by Jessica, I scoured eBay and etsy for products to make an outfit similar to this outfit Lindsay Price wore on Lipstick Jungle which is presumably new, pricey clothing:

image via celebutopia

Not identical, of course, but similar without the huge price tag, or sacrificing quality. Also, because these are vintage or handmade items one will not run the risk of seeing the exact piece on someone else. Ah well, if nothing else it was fun searching for the clothing and playing around in Paint on a day I should be home with the Husband who did not have to go to work!

Necklace made by wiyomu
Via eBay: jeans via kittens_treasure, shoes via lulamaybeholly, shirt via jtandcompany, jacket via leatherbarn

No comments: