Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thrifting for silk shirts <-- lame title





I really love all the ruffly blouses this season, they're festive, stylish, and oh so girly. I can't (won't) pay the price for one of these shirts in a silk fabric, I do not want to buy a cheaper polyester-that-looks-like-silk shirt. I could just search high and low for a moderately priced one, or I could use this as an opportunity to practice my sewing skills. I found three nicer silk shirts at Goodwill the other day (one is Max Studio, which made me very happy) for under $10 total. I'm not sure what I'll do to them, maybe remove the arms and create a ruffly collar with them, or a little ruffly yoke.

1 comment:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Wow, what great finds! I really love the crazy dots on that second one.