Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall wishes/desires/inspirations

Finally, the cooler, crisper weather is upon us here in northern New England, and a girl can't help but be drawn to cozy knits and crafty projects, which lend themselves so well to early evenings and cool temperatures. Nothing seems more cheerful and homey to me than something baking in the oven, me sitting on the futon knitting or crocheting (or at least trying to), Husband doing schoolwork, and a chill in the air. To me that beats sweating trying to cook supper and the inescapable heat and humidity of the summer months. Here are some things I've been thinking about doing to welcome the change of the season:

This is a bit Spring-y, but a sweater nonetheless from Anthropologie :


But rather than spend the $98, I'd like to try this
tutorial from Erica Makes Stuff.


More inspiration: pattern picture on the left, Diane Von Furstenberg on the right



The pattern for the green shrug is from Berroco. It tickled me pink to find the exact same mannequin pose for the pattern and the inspiration!

No comments: